Wednesday, July 17, 2013

WIAW

Once again I must apologize for my lackluster collection of WIAW photographs for this week. I tend to take many pictures of my breakfast, because a) it's my favorite meal, therefore I spend more time on appearance, b) I'm leisurely doing my thang in the mornings so I don't feel rushed, c) I'm all by myself, so I don't feel as self conscious photographing (although my family is pretty much used to it now). Maybe I should just do a WIAB.....what I ate for breakfast.

But! I refuse to skip a WIAW due to my lack of planning. Therefore I'm going to use some recycled photos, as I'm a creature of habit and tend to eat the same sorts of things, and pretend you don't remember them.



Vamos! (Y muchas gracias, Jenn - te amo!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Breakfasts

I fell back into an oatmeal mood and had to eat a peach-cobbler version of oatmeal when Mom informed me of her trip to the farmer's market. 


Who can pass up freshly picked, perfectly ripe, unbelievably juicy peaches with zero pesticide?! Not I! And the sweet, peachy flavor definitely came through in this breakfast! Believe me, the heat stroke I almost had after a hot breakfast was worth it. Totes.


I'm thinking peach cobbler, peach muffins, peach on top of yogurt, peach in a salad (oh yes), peach ev-ree-thang. It's definitely my favorite summer fruit, can you tell?

Sunday I had a quick yet marvelous yogurt bowl!!!!


I cut off the sort of crusty edges of my baked oats, planning on topping my yogurt with them! I didn't heat them up and my oh my they it did not disappoint. Along with greek yogurt, banana, cherries, PB, and a handful of Cheerios, this bowl was seriously the bomb dot com. <--yes.



New favorite!

I hope you don't mind another breakfast photo, but this one is totally worth mentioning: baked vegan banana pancake. Cake. 


You just take your favorite pancake mix and bake it in a dish like a cake at 350*! Cake for breakfast is a win. Topped with peanut butter and banana, what else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lunches
A lunch this week: some of my delicious quiche! I made this one with zucchini, onions, and red bell peppers. Absolutely superb. Even Rebekah like it!!!!!!!!!



Along with carrot sticks and an apple, this was a perfect summer lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinners

My go-to-I-don't-feel-like-cooking-at-all dinner: chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, and canned green beans.


My favorite part was of course the sweet potatoes. Little fluffy orange pillows of deliciousness.



Snacks

Definitely a few lot of these babies:


I know I had a version of this snack, only with a banana bread muffin, not an apple oatmeal muffin.


And one of my favorite evening snacks:



I'm off the the water park for the day with my chica - I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! That all looks delicious! (: I found your blog through Miranda's. So excited I found it (: I love quiche... the one you had looks especially good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been thinking about putting up the recipe, but haven't gotten around to it yet. :)

      Delete