Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June Favorites

In light of yesterday's post, I thought I'd take the time today and share with you what's been making my life a just a little bit happier - ah, the little things.

1. New York City


NYC is going down as one of my favorite life memories. I miss it pretty much every day (I kid you not), and I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to go! From walking in the cold rain to the theater to the food tour to the museums - every single moment was amazing.

2. New Almond Buttah




Barney Butter, to be exact! Definitely feeling the love. The texture is like really thick creamy peanut butter. Perfect over oatmeal.


3. Wicked Soundtrack



The wicked gift shop was probably the place we splurged most!!! And the soundtrack was worth it - Rebekah, Mom and I listen to it in the car and know most of the songs by heart now. :) "It's time to tryyyyy defyyyying graavity."

4. Cherries



If you're questioning why I'm eating frozen cherries in cherry season (farm-stand sacrilege), just hear me out. Frozen cherries are convenient, already pitted, sweet, plump, cheaper than fresh, and just as delicious. I like 'em chopped up in oatmeal with banana, served over yogurt, cooked into a compote to pour over waffles, and just straight out of the bag. 

5. Metropolitan Museum of Art Guide


This is my leisure reading as of late (and the painting on the cover happens to be one of my favorites). It's basically a book of the exhibits and galleries within the Met, sorted chronologically, by area, and by type of art. It's really interesting if you're into art history. If not, you should still read it, cuz I said so.

6. Wrap bracelet

I'm not one to mention fashion or beauty much, but this bracelet is definitely a favorite! It's really a staple, I wear it with everything. It fits my small wrist snugly because you can wrap it as many times as needed, and I got it at a boutique shopping in NYC (where else?).

7. Childhood Memories


I was actually on YouTube when I came across a suggestion for a video of the Aristocats (I don't even remember what I was watching in the first place), but needless to say, Mom joined me in watching Marie, Berlioz, and Duchess singing "Scales and Arpeggios" three times over. I remember watching this at my grandparents' house with my sister when we were little, so it brought up some sweet memories! And it's now stuck in my head....

7. David's Tea 


It's official, I'm obsessed. You might as well sign me up for David's Tea rehab. I've been drinking these teas like crazy!!! At least twice a day. These are three of my favorites: Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait, Coco Chai Rooibis, and Forever Nuts. Divine!

8. Chocolate Cherry Torte Larabars
It's only appropriate that my favorite bar of the moment is cherry and chocolate flavored. And frozen?! Freaking delicious.

9. Arm Workouts



Even on days that I don't feel like moving any muscle in my body except to flip the channel, arm workouts will always and forever be my favorite strength move. Especially working the biceps - it makes me feel macho. Bicep curls, for the win.

10. Friends


This post wouldn't be complete without mentioning one of my new favorite shows! I remember not being allowed to watch this with my Mom (haha...that was probably for the best), but I started gaining interest and now I can't stop watching! I would have finished the first season in three days if I hadn't practiced a little self control - two weeks seems reasonable. ;)

Have an awesome Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment