Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Thankful Tuesday

You guys, I have really got to start shaking up my post titles. I generally state the obvious, which I guess is what you're supposed to do, but it's obvious as in I'm always reminding you what day of the week it is. Actually, at this point in the summer, it's probably good to remind myself.

Example: I literally just realized it's TUESDAY and I forgot to post my first MIMM post! I had it all written up and got busy yesterday. But I need some positivity today and wanted to recognize all the little things I'm thankful for! The little things make up everyday life, after all.

I'm thankful for.....

New movies to watch! Ya'll know I'm a movie junkie, and when I was at my cousins' house last week, I may have borrowed a few. ;) Indiana Jones, heck yes!



I'm thankful for....

Grocery trips to Trader Joe's! It's been waayy too long since our last visit, and Mom spontaneously decided we'd grocery shop there this week. I get way too excited when I find new (and old) favorites.










I'm thankful for....

Nerd alert! Back to school shopping. I'm not sure why, but I just love buying new notebooks, pencils, pens, and other school essentials. I remind myself that when I want to complain about school, I'm blessed to live somewhere with a good education system.

I'm thankful for....

Improved running times!! It's also known around the blog that I don't formally time my runs, I just keep an eye on the overall time to see improvement. And guys, I actually got faster this summer!! A lot faster. I started with about a 33 to 35 minute 3-miler, and my time this morning was about 30 minutes for 3.5 miles. That's pretty dang fast for me personally!

I'm thankful for.....

Getting to redo my room! It's a bit off in the future (our house is full of halfway finished projects right now), but we're planning on completely redoing my room. I'm all over Pinterest, different websites, and magazines looking for inspiration!

The quilt that I'm basing the color scheme off of! I'm going for a boho-vibe. 


I'm thankful for....

Good friends. I tend to introvert myself and build up walls - which is why blogging is good for me - but I have lots of great friends I've been hanging out with this summer that bring me out of my shell and help me let loose a little bit.






I'm thankful for....

Friendly people! This is no joke, when we were at Trader Joe's a few days ago, our cashier was the sweetest guy and gave my Mom a bouquet of flowers after he rang up our purchases! I'll admit, me and Reibs were weirded out at first (Mom wasn't wearing a wedding ring and he was about her age hahahaha), but then I thought, can't people be nice anymore without any suspicion? I mean seriously! So anyways, it was really sweet of him and they're really pretty flowers.



Have a terrific Tuesday, lovelies, and remember all that you're thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment