Sunday, July 21, 2013

Long Distance Hike

Morning friends, just wanted to pop in before I'm off to volunteer at church!

I woke up yesterday morning super duper excited for breakfast! As I am every morning. This was an attempt at a parfait. :)



Plain 2% Greek yogurt, Bear Naked Granola, a few stray cherries, and a perfectly ripe plum. They're definitely in peak season, because this one was like little bursts of candy!



Coffee + vanilla almond milk on the side. Of course I added a spoonful of peanut butter, but I forgot to until I actually took the pics.

At 9:30, my friend and I headed out for a super long hike on our favorite trails. The weather was beautiful, but we had to push through the humidity.





It was awesome, and we were booking it! Before we knew it, we had gone almost 6 miles and stopped for a lunch break at the beginning of a running trail. The rest/refuel was definitely necessary, I don't think we would have made it without at least a little break!



Teeny tiny frog!


It was more challenging than our usual hikes, and there were quite a few inclines that I thought would kick my butt. My legs/knees/hips were aching by the last mile (we didn't expect to go that long), but it was so much more fun having a hiking buddy to walk with. We couldn't believe we had gone almost 10 and a half miles!


I always have such a great time with her! I got home, ate food, watched Star Trek (one of my all-time favorite movies) with the sis, and off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment