Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Good 'Ole Schedule

My favorite blog day is here yet again. (Thanks Jenn!!)





And I got all my meals and snacks this week! *Dusts off shoulder.* Yay me. And I am super enthusiastic about all the deliciously awesome food I got the privilege to eat this week.


Breakfast was a little bit of a challenge for me this morning.

Well of course I wanted to eat it, silly - just...the execution of making breakfast was a little off.


I woke up wanting something with pumpkin in it, so I decided that I would make pumpkin waffles. Easy, right? Flour, pumpkin <---as a binder, honey, milk - I remembered everything! At least for a single-serving batch I did. I didn't bother with the egg. I just greased the pan and plopped the mixture right onto the waffle maker.



Well, um - apparently I was missing something important. I was so blissfully unaware as they were "cooking" because the kitchen smelled like pumpkin pie.


I was expecting two perfectly cooked pumpkin spice waffles when I opened the waffle maker and I was sadly mistaken. Phooey.



Breakfast part 2 was the norm: Banana Oatmeal and sunken peanut butter. With just a hint of pumpkin because that's all I had leftover in the container.


It was yummy, but not quite as yummy as the waffles I was imagining. Bummer. Rwandan coffee (for a cause!) filled up that empty void.



If you haven't noticed in my posts, (I have many side notes in parentheses) when it comes to my "schedule" - I am very, very, very structured with my time. I don't think you could tell based on my every day posts, because I tend to chat (well, over the screen I suppose) and have lots of random thoughts.

But one thing that an ED has had a major affect on is most certainly my schedule. I'm not Type A, but I possess many "control freak" qualities, and being out of school, these qualities were somewhat more prominent.(You can imagine my disturbance over breakfast).

For instance, I haven't slept past 8:45 a.m. the whole summer. Not even once. I aim to wake up at 8:20 to 8:30 every morning, and if I'm feeling especially productive, at 8. For some people this is sleeping in, for some people it's an ungodly hour to be moving your body around.

I make the coffee that I must have to sustain life, make breakfast, and eat breakfast in front of an episode of What Not to Wear. (Bad Jessica! Read more!) I would really like to eat on the porch, but it's way too humid. Sometimes if I have a breakfast already made (overnight oats, frozen waffles) or a quickly assembled breakfast (cereal with yogurt or milk) I'll allow myself to sleep in until 8:45.

The beauty of routine is that your body is eventually trained naturally into it. So whether I get to bed at 9 at night or 3 in the morning, I wake up around the same time.

After brekkie, I either wipe out (a coma induced from a combination of crappy sleep and a warm, comforting breakfast) or start my day. Even if I wipe out, I am up before the clock strikes 10. By this time, I am ready for a little P.A. and take a walk around the 'hood or do my chores, and then take a shower and get ready for the day.

Then my morning shnack is consumed. It always involves fruit and nut butter.

Terrible portion-size justice. Ergh!

Okay, I guess I didn't technically photograph all my meals/ snacks, because snack and lunch were halfway eaten when I snapped a pic of  them.

The above picture would be half a large apple (the other half eaten before taking pic) and peanut butter.

After the snack is eaten, I normally go about doing more chores. As stated in an earlier post, I will purposely leave myself chores to do so I don't get bored. If I'm done with my regular chores, I will do something extra like washing my bedding. Or if I'm lucky, a money-earning job, which are normally jobs I would rather not do. <----such as weeding the garden with gross creepy-crawlies in the soil.

After chores, I go about doing every day leisure things. Watch some TV, listen to music, obsess over Pinterest read a book.

Then Madre arrives home and I eat lunch.


Pita, black beans, red pepper hummus, tomato, jalapeno, and banana pepper from the garden. So yummy.

I also had an apple and nuts, but those were eaten before I took the picture. Whoops.
A lot of the time, we'll go to the pool for the afternoon, but today was a total chillax day. By chillax I mean reorganizing my drawers and closet into "school appropriate" and "school inappropriate" clothing. (What an adventurous day I had!)

For my afternoon snack, which is normally around 4 to 4:30, I finally got into the Siggi's yogurt!


 I was pleasantly surprised to notice that it has as much protein as Greek yogurt. It also had whey on the top, which I stirred back into the yogurt.


On go the oats and banana....

I loved it, although it tasted exactly like the Voskos vanilla bean flavor. It was just like Greek yogurt, with the texture and tartness.

I spent the rest of the afternoon just doing random things, and weeding the garden. It was actually more like yanking out patches of grass that were overtaking the blueberry bush area. I think we need some sort of wall between the dirt and grass! 

Zen I vas hangry for deener. Stir fry!!!


Washed down with a refreshingly crisp orange La Croix.


Whole wheat pasta <---box. Turkey burger <---leftover. Onions <---store. Summer squash <---garden. Sugar snap peas <---steamer bag. Seasoned with olive oil, salt, cracked black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Lots of red pepper flakes. Topped with Greek yogurt and salty cashews.

'Twas delicious.

Then for the rest of the night, I just go about doing normaly things, and I'm in bed by 11 10. Which means I'm asleep by 12.

As you can see, I live a very thrilling and adventurous lifestyle.Take away for today: Less technology. More books! Pumpkin waffles need oil. Pumpkin pancakes might not. Experiment! Coffee solves life problems. Loosen up the up tight schedule! Do more fun stuff.

Challenges accepted.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!

Do you have a tight, strict schedule? Do you ever do anything to relax and go with the flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment