Friday, July 20, 2012

The Amazing Body

The Padre and I had a date Thursday. :)

We went into Atlanta for The Bodies Exhibit!


It was held in Atlantic Station, along with another exhibit next to it (The Titanic, I believe). If you like the human body and anatomy, plus you're not too squeamish, this is definitely something that you should try to see!




Dad wanted a picture with us and the body, who I referred to as The Dude.


It was so bright and sunny out I had to squint my eyes. :)

Entering.....


Predictably, there was no flash-photography once we entered inside. I was still bummed. The Padre even asked the ticket guy if it was specifically flash photography. Haha! He's funny.

All  I can say is that it was an awesome experience. The grossest parts (pun intended) and systems for me were: the skin and the nervous system. I don't think I have a favorite, because they were all equally cool for me. And it helped that I was in Healthcare Science last year so I knew a lot of the organs and stuff.

However, I loved the circulatory system. The tiny veins and capillaries and huge arteries were so cool to see in person. And I have to say that I really liked the Baby Growth and Development part. I know, I know - it's really controversial, but seeing the babies developing was really fascinating, and not creepy to me.

As a whole, the exhibit was a really great experience. And I'm glad I got to do it with the Padre!

After the exhibit, which only lasted about an hour, we browsed around Atlantic Station for a little bit.

Of course there's a Publix. 











We had a lot of fun. I'm planning on saving up my money to come shopping in the boutiques one day!

Wishing you a Fantastic Friday!

Food for thought: Is a pumpkin a fruit or vegetable? I say both!

No comments:

Post a Comment