Friday, June 7, 2013

What I'm Loving

I woke up yesterday bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to join my school's summer practice run club, and was greeted by the lovely sight of dreary, wet, drizzle.

Although I already had an idea of the forecast (I might have a slight obsession with checking the weather), I couldn't help but be disappointed that I couldn't go. I woke up at 7:15, after all. Such is life.

So before I start *finally* packing for vacation, here's a few things that I've been loving lately.

1. Mango Sugar Body Scrub


Man, I love. this. stuff. It's so exfoliating and makes me smell like mangoes! Me like.

2. Urban Decay Naked Palette



I'm super picky about makeup because I don't like to wear or look like I'm wearing a lot, and I lean toward neutral eyeshadows, so the Naked palette is great for my preferences. I especially like the shimmery colors.

3. CamelBak water bottle


CamelBak is my new baby. It goes with me everywhere, and I get through probably 3 refills a day. Hydration for the win.

4. Sutra flat-iron 


 This qualifies as a "splurge but so worth it" purchase. It's definitely a high-quality straightener (thanks to the ceramic plates) and leaves my curly, fine, breakable hair silky smooth and completely straight!

5. Kindle 


I go through phases of different subjects and authors that I like to read, and you can definitely tell by my Kindle book list. They're mostly historical fiction - I love learning about different cultures. In the past (read: elementary school), I've read all of Gail Carson Levine and Ann Rinaldi's books, most of Michael Crichton's, and more recently I've fallen in love with Pearl S. Buck after reading The Good Earth, got into Asian history and read the 1000 page Shogun (which has like 5 sequels equally as long), and am currently in love with ancient Egypt. I read a couple of books about Nefertiti by Michelle Moran which were fabulous, and now I'm reading a series about Hapshepsut (the first female pharaoh).  So yeah - loving the Kindle.

6. Nectarines



Thank you LORD nectarine season is here. One of my favorite fruits.

7. I Love Lucy


I want to go back in time and be Lucille Ball's BFF.

8. Larabars



It took me a while to warm up to these lovelies, but now I can't stop eating them! The texture weirded me out at first, but then I tried the different flavors (that involved chocolate ;)), and started popping them in the freezer, and now I'm in love. I need to make some homemade ones!

9. New running outfit


I love running in this outfit; it's so me. So comfy and stylish!!

10. Sunglasses


Nothing says summah like workin' the shades. 


Oscar sez, "See ya!"



No comments:

Post a Comment