Saturday, June 15, 2013

Chinatown, Little Italy, and WICKED


       

It's Saturdaaaaayyy. We're on day 4 with the NYC recaps, so let's get to it!

I had been starting the morning with some instant oatmeal packets made with hot Keurig water, a mashed banana, and a scoop of peanut butter. With a side of hot tea or coffee - this morning, coffee.



I normally got up earlier than everyone else, and ate while I blogged/played on Pinterest before Mom, Reibs, and Grammy got up.

Before we made our way to Chinatown/Little Italy/SoHo, Mom stopped for a bite at the hotel's breakfast bar. I was obsessed with the little jars the fruit came in and wanted to take one home with me. ;)




I got another cup of coffee because I could.




Time to goooooo!!!






At first, I wasn't entirely impressed with Chinatown unfortunately. It was a lot less...."Chinese"....than I expected. It pretty much looked the same as a regular neighborhood except with Chinese signs! Haha.







Once we got deeper into the neighborhood, me and Reibs noticed it started smelling a little bit like a beach, and we realized that we were heading straight towards an outside market!






I really got a taste of the Chinese culture walking through the markets - there were all sorts of weird produce, fish, and sea creatures I would honestly never eat. Sea urchins, lots of mushrooms, live eels, and we even spotted some live frogs. Omg!







It only took 15 minutes to get into Little Italy, which was filled with a bunch of restaurants, cafes, delis, and great architecture!







Reibs and I wanted to do some shopping while we were in the area, so we finally made it into SoHo to browse in some cute boutiques. We also got to shop in the 5-story Bloomingdale's!




After Bloomingdale's, all of us were really hungry, so we stopped at a little cafe with a bunch of different options to satisfy what we wanted. It was surprisingly hard to find some nice but quick sit-down restaurants (probably due to lack of planning), but this cafe was nice!




I had a heaping salad plate with spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, roasted veggies, grilled chicken, sugar snap peas, and couscous that was absolutely delicious. You'd think my eyes were bigger than my stomach, but this hit the spot.

After the shopping fun was over, it was time to head back to the hotel and freshen up for our first Broadway show - Wicked!!!!!!!!!!!







Reibs did my hair all perty. :3



Quick salad....




And off to see the wizard Wicked!




My camera batteries died after that picture, but there was no photography allowed anyways. The show was one of my favorite moments in New York - I laughed, cried, and got emotionally attached to the characters. I really want to see it again, and if you're planning on seeing a Broadway show in the future, Wicked is at the top of my recommendation list! Out of the 1 I've seen. ;)

Day 5 is coming up next  - have a wonderful (relaxing) Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment