Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Dream in Pumpkin

There comes a time in our house when my mother and I go on a pumpkin-induced high and attempt to clear all the shelves of the grocery store of canned pumpkin.

Es muy delicioso.


I've noticed that I tend to gravitate toward the veggies and fruit on the orange side of the color spectrum. Cantaloupe, mango, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, bell pepper.......


Anyhoo, I have many, many ways that I like to satisfy my obsession with this delightful autumn vegetable (fruit?). Stir it in oatmeal, mix it in yogurt, combine it with peanut butter and spread onto toast (so delicious!), make it into pancakes, add it into a milkshake or smoothie, make it with French toast, the list goes on and on. I'm sure that there are also many adventurous savory ways to cook it, as well!


But one of the staples in our household.....muffins!


I made these muffins (or cupcakes!) this morning, and half of them were gone in less than two hours.

They're that delicious.

Another bonus, they're so ridiculously easy to make that the recipe might be a slight insult to your intelligence.

Therefore, you have no excuse not to make them. (Unless you don't like pumpkin.)



I cook these puppies low and slow.

Maybe that's because I can't remember the actual temperature/time from the recipe......but they still turn out yummy!

Easiest Pumpkin Cupcakes Evah

Ingredients:




  • 1 15-oz can of pure pumpkin
  • 1 box of Spice Cake mix
  • 1/2 cup water


  • Directions:

    1. Preheat oven to 325* F
    2. Stir pumpkin, cake mix, and water*.
    3. Scoop into muffin tins, and bake for 30-35 minutes.
    4. Enjoy!



    Feel free to add anything on top or in the mix - this is an extremely versatile recipe! I added chopped walnuts to half of the muffins, and they toasted while in the oven, and gave the fluffy muffins a nice crunch factor.

    I also made another batch using Carrot Cake mix, and although they weren't quite as sweet, they were just as yummy. They'd probably be good with some cream cheese frosting smothered on top! Mmm.....














    No comments:

    Post a Comment