Monday, June 4, 2012

Frost Yourself

Whew, it has been a day! I just got done with completely cleaning my room (SUPER cleaning, more like it). Sweeping, dusting, vacuuming every single crack, corner, crevice, and shelf. I also washed the sheets, pillow cases, and my quilt/shams. It smells so clean and crisp now! Me like.


By the way, I got through about 4 chick-flicks during my OCD spaz -attack (which generally, I couldn't care less about chick-flicks). But they're the perfect movie to clean to, because you don't have to pay too much attention to them.


We'll see how long it lasts, considering the minute my mom put folded laundry on my bed, I promptly tossed the clothes next to my closet because I was too tired to take the effort of putting them on hangers. Tomorrow!


Anyways, after climbing onto my bed while watching "How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days," I came up with an idea for the theme of this post. How to "frost yourself." Or, "How to Engage in Self-Care Activities."


After spending half the day obsessing over the cleanliness of my room, I sure wanted to relax - and treat myself. So with a hot shower, mud-mask, manicure, and hot cup of Chai tea, I did just that.


Whilst in treatment, I had quite a difficult time thinking up of ways to relax and care for myself. I didn't realize that even the simplest things can be considered "self-care." Really, all self-care is is learning to celebrate yourself, and do something that makes you feel good. It doesn't have to take much time, effort, or money. The possibilities are endless, really! It just depends on who you are.


Some good ideas:
  • Mani/Pedi
  • Hot shower
  • Cup of Joe (or tea)
  • Listen to your favorite music
  • Shave <---seriously
  • Take a nap
  • Take a walk
  • Watch a favorite movie
  • Read a book
  • Cuddle with your pet
  • Color in a coloring book
  • Treat yourself with something tasty (Ice-dream cone or Brainfreeze, anyone?)
  • Stretch
  • Put on your favorite clothes
  • Bake
  • Mud mask  - get one. They're divine.
  • Clean your room, make up your bed, etc.
  • Play an instrument
  • Write in a journal
There are many, many more possibilities! What are some of your favorite ways to pamper yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment