Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Surveeeeeyyy

Happy Monday!

This is my last post before after Christmas (did that make sense??), so I thought I'd spread a little holiday cheer by filling out a little Christmas survey I borrowed from Amanda. She's a champ for letting indecisive people (hem hem...moi) borrow from her. 

By the way - thanks so much for letting me vent, guys. I know I get a little repetitive sometimes but it honestly is such a stress reliever to be able to write out my thoughts. I try to be positive most of the time, and the blog really does have a positive impact on me! Today was the first day of the training program, which called for 15 minutes easy and strength. I ended up with a 30 minute jog and a 15 minute arm workout. It was obviously a longer run that intended (time really flies by!!), and I'm hoping that when this sinus infection/cold thing goes away and the sun actually comes out they'll be easier and more enjoyable! For every not so great run, there's an AWESOME one! 

Those are 5 lb weights for my baby arms. ;)

ANYWAYS. Back to holiday cheer!!!!!!! Lez do this survey!

Before Christmas

Do you send out Christmas cards?

Yup! Every year. We normally add pictures of the kiddos, but didn't this year because we sent them last minute (aka today).

How soon do you start shopping?

My parents start shopping in like...October....but me? Um, a week before Christmas.

Do you have a lot of gifts to buy?

Not usually. Just my sis, mom, bro, dad, and a few of my friends (normally DIY, so not that expensive). 

Do you bake cookies?

Surprisingly, no!! We did last year for something different, but our traditional treats are peanut brittle, date balls (not the healthy kind you're thinking of ;)), fudge, chocolate-dipped oreos, and chocolate covered pretzels.


Decorations

Do you put up a Christmas tree?

Yup, every year.

If so, is it fake or real?

Fake. I used to hate that it was fake, but now I realize it's much less of a hassle than real. 

Do you like tinsel?

Umm, we've never put it up (nor have I ever really seen it) so I guess not?

Do you use homemade or store-bought ornaments?

A mix of both. My mom loves homemade ornaments, and never throws them away, but we also have store-bought for a uniform look. 

Do you put Christmas lights outside your house?

Nope, but we put out a wreath and mini-Christmas trees beside our door.

Do you put lights on the tree?

We have lights built in to the tree, but if it didn't, we would.

How about popcorn and cranberries?

Nah. I'm pretty sure the popcorn would get eaten anyways.

Is there a wreath hanging on your door?

Yuppers! Homemade by my mama.


Christmas Eve

Do you celebrate it?

Yes we do! We always watch ELF, get Chinese takeout, and leave out Santa's cookies. And don't forget the reindeer food!

Do you hang up your stocking?

But of course! Where else would Santa put my gifts?

Have you ever left cookies out for Santa?

Ummm, duh. He always gets sugar cookies and a glass of milk.


Favorite....

Christmas movie?

Psh this is a hard one. I would say ELF buuuuttt I also really like the Santa Clause movies. And White Christmas.

Character from a Christmas movie?

I really don't know. Sorry. Wait never mind - I like Comet from the Santa Clause movies. 

Christmas memory?

I can't say that I can think of one. Every Christmas is just as great as the one before.

Christmas Cookie?

Gingerbread for sure. Mmmm.

This or That

Give or Receive 

Oh man I like them both so much! I like giving, because I like to make people feel loved, and I like receiving because I like to feel loved. So both. (Cop out, I know ;))

Ham or Turkey?

Turkey - I've never liked ham. 

Star or Angel?

We don't have either on our tree, but if we did, I'd say star.

White Lights or Colored Lights?

White - I think they're so simple and beautiful.

Blinking Lights or Still Lights?

Still, so I don't go crazy watching the blinking lights.

Were you Naughty or Nice this year?

Hmmm...I'd say mostly nice. Mostly. :)


Presents.....

What do you want for Christmas this year?

Check out this post!

Where do you open your gifts?

On my living room floor, Christmas morning.

What's the worst gift you've ever gotten?

Errr...one year I got a board game that I already owned...so yeah. 

Do you like wrapping gifts?

Heck to the no. Mainly because I'm so bad at it!!!

Random....

Can you name all the reindeer?

Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet Cupid Donner, but do yaaaa do ya know Blitzen? (<----a song from an elementary Christmas play). And of course Rudolph. 

Have you ever gotten a kiss under the mistletoe?

Uh that would be a no. 

Do you go caroling?

I've only gone once, and I didn't enjoy it that much, sad to say. 

Do you drive around and look at Christmas lights?

YES! It's one of our family traditions!! I love it. 

Have you ever had a white Christmas?

Yes, but not in a few years. :( It's been unseasonably muggy the past couple of winters. Boo. 

Who do you celebrate Christmas with?

Mostly my immediate family - Mom, Dad, Rebekah, and Jonathan. Oh, and the kitties. 

Have you ever had your picture taken with Santa?

Every year. 

What part of Christmas do you most look forward to?

Honestly, getting into the holiday spirit and spending time with my family. There are so many families out there who can't afford presents and still have a wonderful time together - that's what Christmas is all about. 


Answer any of the questions above! Happy holidays, and Merry Christmas! <3 









2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I have a fake tree at my moms and a real tree at my dads - the real one is soooo messy! Hope you have an amazing Christmas :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks girl! I know, when we had a real one, it got pine needles eevverrryywwhheerree. I hope you have an amazing Christmas too!!

      Delete