Monday, October 21, 2013

MIMM #1

Hullooooooo and welcome to Monday!

This marks my very first MIMM, which I've been meaning to participate in for a while. I love the idea of starting off the week with a positive note! Here we go!


Marvelous is....gorgeous fall weather. 



I can't get enough of this. weather. We've been blessed with clear blue skies, white fluffy clouds, crisp air, cool temps, and low humidity. I'm outside as much as possible!

Marvelous is....new books to read!


Okay, this wasn't entirely my personal decision, but in lit we're doing a huge book report on an AP novel. I LOVE reading, and we get frequent "reading days" in class. I chose to read Persuasion by Jane Austen...¡quĂ© romancĂ©! 

Marvelous is....Hi Ho Cherry-O!


Childhood memory alert! Reibs and I used to play this all the time as kids, and when I saw that our church had it where I was babysitting, I pretty much forced the kid I was babysitting to play with me. Okay, not forced because he actually wanted to play too, but I don't think I would have given him much of a choice...ha.

Speaking of which, marvelous is.....babysitting this kiddo!


I mean, look at that face.

Marvelous is....pancaaaakkkkeeesss!


I made a batch of Kodiak Cakes with warm apples and peanut butter Saturday morning. This was super delicious (per usual), but I think I need to start adding a third pancake to my stack - this only kept me satisfied for an hour and a half!

Forgive the messy table ;)

Sorry for the terrible picture, but I had to share that even Juan Carlos liked  them - they were declared "super yummy." He also knows they're whole grain. This is monumental, people!


Marvelous is....chilly runs!!

Disclaimer: ignore the cals because A. they're most likely inaccurate B. they don't matter, duh.

Sunday was sOoOoOoOo chilly! So naturally, after my 3 hour nap (oh yes), I laced up my shoes and went for a little run. I was wanting to get some more mileage in because I did absolutely nothing Saturday, and I got in a beautiful 6-miler. 



Marvelous is...chia seeds!


YouguysIdiditIboughtchiaseedsI'mofficiallyafoodbloggersoha. I've been wanting to try out these teensy gems of nutrition for a while, and scored them for $6 at Target - I can't wait to see their magical powers at work!

Marvelous is....this evening snack.


This already looks freaking delicious without me having to describe it, but my oh my this late-night morsel brought me more autumnal heavenly delight than the humble pear could think to provide. See how poetic I get just thinking about it?!

So there you have it - my very first MIMM! Have a fantastic day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment