Friday, September 20, 2013

What I Ate This Week + Workouts

Whoops. I didn't mean to make it a whole week before I posted again! Mah b. At least I'm feeling extra perky this morning!

It was fall break around these parts, and ohemgee. It's actually been feeling like fall!! I've been scouring Pinterest for fall outfit ideas, ways to use pumpkin, and homecoming style ideas. Sorrynotsorry.

Anywho, the temps made waking up for practice and running that much more enjoyable! Yup, I still had to wake up at 7 am this week. Better than 5:45 if you ask me.

Although we didn't get a chance to go to the apple orchard (sadness), it's on the agenda for next weekend, so hopefully it will happen!!!


So heeerree's my list of running workouts done for zis week, along with my breakfast that particular day. Because I love me some breakfast.

Monday: 6 mile progression run with 1 mile cool down. Woooooo my favorite! And I'm not even being sarcastic! I was one of the only JV girls at the practices, and I kept up with a couple of Varsity girls for the first 4 miles - that was quite an accomplishment to me! Plus I had a wicked awesome sprint at the end, thankyouverymuch. Wait, am I allowed to brag?

Breakfast:


Bagel, peanut butter, apple, cinnamon, and coffee. Mmm.

Tuesday: 35 minutes easy on the trails (!!), 6 strides, 7 minute plank workout, 7 minutes of lower body stuff (ex. lunges, squats, step-ups, squat-jumps), and "ultimate football" after practice. I have no comment on the status of my skill level when playing ultimate football.

Breakfast:


This breakfast makes me so happy. Chai-spiced pear overnight oats, topped with Sunbutter and a side of coffee. I was sohungry after that practice (I blame Monday's workout), and my oh my do overnight oats hit the spot.

Wednesday (aka freaking hard day that hurts so bad good): Fartleks! Hooray. 1 mile warm up, 45 minutes of alternating 2 min hard, 2 min easy, 1 mile cool down, and 4X100 sprints. This was one of those practices that you wonder why your coaches are torturing you, and when you finish up, you feel so awesomely awesome and energetic yet your legs are jiggly and sore and all you want is to eat and sleep, but you also want to run around even more. It's peculiar.

Breakfast:


The perfect example of an end-of-summer breakfast: plum oatmeal. It was 1/2 cup oats, 1 cup almond milk, 2 diced plums, and a dash each of salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. The plums got warm and started oozing out their sweet juices, and it gave the whole bowl a warm, plum compote flavor. Yums. And what could make it better but with a spoonful of Sunbutter?!

Thursday: 35 minutes easy, at home. I didn't have to wake up, yay! Around 11 I headed out for my easy run around the neighborhood, and it was delightful. I still got in 3.5 miles, not bad!

Breakfast:


You guys, I actually made pancakes!!! Kodiak cakes, to be exact. With a side of warm pear slices, sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg, and topped with natural peanut butter. Can you tell I'm so ready for fall?? I LOVE PEAR SEASON!

Here's another pic in case you didn't catch that:


I took advantage of the morning off and made a batch of Kodiak cakes (I'm obsessed with the fact that these babies are whole grain, with a fantastic ingredient list, and all you do is add water to make them). I have the rest wrapped up in the freezer for later!

Friday: 35 minutes easy. Self explanatory. Shin splints.

Breakfast: I forgot to take a pic of breakfast this morning, but it was leftover Kodiak cakes with Honeycrisp apple (!!) slices and peanut butter. But in replacement I have a couple of new favorite bars to share with you!

Odwalla Choco-Walla - oh my I think that this replaces my beloved Chocolate Chunk Luna Bar that I haven't seen in ages. It's super chocolatey with big chocolate chunks, almonds, and oats. Plus, I was more than impressed with the ingredient list, because I was kind of expecting it to have some not-so-natural additions, but this was mostly organic and all natural, with no protein isolates. Winner!



I found this ALT Larabar at Target the other day, and it's awesome! This was cinnamon apple crisp flavor, and it didn't disappoint. It really did taste like apple pie! The actual bar is a little bigger and the texture is denser than the original bars, and it's got pea protein in it for the vegan protein punch (10 grams). I have the pumpkin pie flavor as well and I can't wait to try that one!


So tomorrow I have a long run planned, Sunday is a rest day, and Monday is working hard again...

I hope you lovelies have a fabulous Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment