Friday, August 30, 2013

I can do this.

Dangnabbit it feels like such a long time since I've posted!! Almost 3 weeks now!

I can't even begin to explain how crazy busy I've been since this month. Where to begin?!



First off: I know I've mentioned it a few times, and I had been going back and forth about it, but let's discuss cross country. So....I jumped the gun and joined!

And my gosh - it was one of the best personal decisions I've made in a long time. It took SO FREAKIN LONG for me to decide what to do - I felt like I had so many things going against me, so many doubts and insecurities that just ate at me. But I finally got out there, and I knew I was hooked. We've already had a race, I'm meeting new friends who love what I love, and a hobby is quickly turning into a passion!


We do so many different types of things that I'd never do at home, and I'd never have motivation for running by myself. Being with a team adds motivation to push myself and make and set goals. Most practices are hard - some are really super duper hard (for example, a lovely workout with the charming name "Killer Dillers") - but they're the highlight of my days, hands down.

I end my gushing about the team with a quote from Janae: "Running makes us better at life." I believe it.



That being said, cross country is the main reason for my blogging hiatus. I feel like a lot of my favorite bloggers are either taking a break/changing the format/something's changing and me no likey (I still luv them tho).

I don't want to cause that distress for the people who read my blog (there are like so many of you!!), but I have been pretty much physically/mentally drained for the past few weeks. It's not in a detrimental way, just as in I literally have no time. So here's my proposition.

I have to juggle school, studying/homework, practice, church, and any other things in between (such as babysitting/an event) and I now need to add blogging to that balance. Blogging takes up a lot of time, guys! Most nights I get home around 6 or 6:15 which leaves me a mere 4 hours before I need to get in bed so I'm not a mean person zombie bum the next day.

I'm reeeeaaaaaaalllllyyy going to make an attempt to have the blog somewhere on my weekly priority list. I'm still figuring things out, and I'm sure if I blog every day (not happening, yo), you'd get tired of me chatting about the gross awesome stuff from Nursing Essentials or A&P, or the fact that I fell asleep in Algebra once again...good times. I'm gonna be keeping up with my fitness/lifestyle/food/whatever theme, I'm just not entirely sure how to execute it.

Anyywwaayys in true fashion I've begun babbling. Maybe I'm thinking too much, maybe I should just go with the flow. Whatever happens, I'm not going to stress about it and keep reading and writing.

I have a long run and a long day tomorrow - wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment