Wednesday, January 9, 2013

6 Ingredient Pasta

I was planning on joining the WIAW partay, but alas, I can't find half of the pictures I took this week!
 
With returning to school and getting back to my normal dosage of studying and note taking, last night I found myself in serious need of some brain food.
 
I contemplated a bowl of cereal (carbs! yum!) or my go-to easy dinner- stir fry - but after a bountiful Whole Foods trip Mom and I took this weekend I decided to get a little adventurous.

 After scrolling through Pinterest, I found a little tidbit that looked fresh, flavorful, elegant, and that would totally hit the spot.
 
This took me literally 15 minutes to make, and as a nutritional powerhouse, I'd say this vegetarian dinner is a definite win!! Light yet filling, fresh, and scrumptious - brain food indeed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6 Ingredient Pasta (Serves 1)
adapted from theKitchn
 
Ingredients:
2 oz dry pasta (I used Whole Wheat Fettucine)
1-2 tbsp pesto
1/2 cup edamame (fresh or frozen/dethawed)
4-6 oz baby spinach
1 tbsp toasted almonds
Squirt of fresh lemon juice
 
Instructions:
1. Cook pasta according to directions or until al dente
2. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water
3. In a bowl, toss pesto and spinach with pasta; some spinach will wilt
4. Stir in edamame
5. Garnish with toasted almonds & squirt with lemon juice
 
 
I have to say - the star of the dish was definitely the pesto. The brand I used was made with parmesan cheese and almonds - also, the squirt of lemon amped up all the flavors! Explosion of the taste buds.
 
 
 Delisioso.

No comments:

Post a Comment