Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014

Hi, I'm really tired.

But when you stay up til 3am and wake up at 1pm, that's to be expected, right? I've also already been scolded on my sassy-ness level (sorry Mom), I'm on my third cup of coffee, and I need to make a to-do list to keep myself from going back to bed.

Moral of the story: sleep is important!! Even if it means skipping that fifth episode of Bones. 

Everyone seems to be doing "2014 Recap/Review" posts, which completely confused me this morning - I totally thought that today was the last day in December which freaked me out, because I'm not emotionally prepared for a new year. (Kidding...sort of)

I've thought a lot about what kind of "end of the year" post I wanted to do - a recap, or resolutions? Both? Is there even anything to recap? Do I have any resolutions?! So I'm just gonna go with the flow and add a little bit of both. Without further ado....


1. This year was full of ups and downs - mostly ups, I am happy to say! I really feel like 2014 was "my year." Told you cutting my hair off  meant my life was about to change! 

2. I've grown so incredibly much this year - mentally and emotionally. At the beginning of 2014, I realized that for the past few years, I had been living in pseudo-recovery, and decided to take the steps to change that. (Hoping for a post to come on that subject!)

3. I finished my junior year of high school, registered for dual enrollment, and completed my first semester at my local college.

4. Speaking of college, I also got accepted to my college of choice!! 

5. I got my first job, and then moved on to my second and current job.

6. I got my period for the first time in 3 years (woah). 

7. I went to Disney World and am still utterly obsessed with it!! I must return. 

8. I am happier, more relaxed, and healthier than I have been in a long, long time. 

That honestly sums up my experiences during 2014. I have been so blessed and am so thankful for God's timing, planning, and being able to place my trust in Him. :)

As for resolutions? Not many. I've kind of given up on that - haha! But it's nice to have some goals to think about sooo....

1. Get back into some fitness. I haven't done hardly any exercise in at least six months, which has been amazing for me, actually. I'm thinking about a membership at my local gym, but not until it's too cold to go outside! Also, my exercise is going to be vastly different from the past couple of years.

2. Keep up with my online classes - I am not procrastinating as much as I did last semester! I simply cannot, for the sake of my sanity. 

3. Continue being social. This has been the best thing for my (continued) recovery - getting out, doing things, spending time with friends.

4. Enjoy my last months before moving to COLLEGE!! Omg I'm half super excited, half terrified. 

5. Live my life every single day for God, even if I'm not perfect.

Well, there you go! These resolutions are pretty reasonable/achievable in my opinion, and I'm excited to see where they take me. I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!!


2 comments: