Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday Ramblings

In lieu of a WIAW, I thought I'd catch you guys up with what's been going on around these parts lately. 

Blogging has been on the back-burner a little bit, so I just decided I'll go chronologically from the pictures on my camera! Haha! There's actually been a lot going on lately, and the top of my list is the SPRING WEATHER. Thank you Jesus, the jackets are coming off! One of the first things we did was head out to the strawberry fields. 



Holy strawberries, Batman. Between the  four of us (Mom, Reibs, Jonathan, and I), it only took around 30 minutes to pick almost 30 lbs! Working up a sweat was so worth the divine homemade strawberry ice cream we got before we went home. How do they make it taste so good?! 


Fresh strawberries. Duh. Mom got about 20 cans of homemade strawberry jam plus some leftover to freeze.  I'm hoping we'll get to go blueberry picking this later in the summer - our baby blueberry bushes have some catching up to do before they're ready. :)



Luckily there's always frozen blueberries available, and I was able to make more muffins! These were Mama Pea's Orange-Blueberry Muffins that were absolutely delicious, despite the fact that I did something wrong and they deflated like a little souffle. Try, try again.

So what else has been up in my life?

Uno: Studying, studying, studying. AP world history test is this Thursday, and finals start this week. Yikes. 5 days of school left!

Dos: Running, oh how I love thee. I love everything about it, especially getting out on the trails on beautiful, warm days. 

Tres: Good fuuuudddd, as always. I don't generally eat a lot of meat (mostly when Mom makes it for dinner), and I've really been gaining interest in more plant-based/vegan recipes. My Pinterest followers get explosions of vegetarian recipes, and most don't include meat-substitutes because I really look for family-friendly recipes (the fam is a little iffy about tofu and seitan...). Oh She Glows, here I come!

Cuatro: We've had this planned for a while, but I haven't mentioned it here yet: New York or bust, baby! The second week of our summer break, Mom, Reibs, my Grandmother, and I are heading up to the city so nice they named it twice. *Squeals and jumps up and down while clapping hands*

Cinco: FRIENDS! I'm hooked. Remember LOST? Yeah, it's moving up to that level. :)

That's all for today, folks. Adios and have a wooonderful Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment