Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hallelujah

Happy Thursday and (Belated) Holidays!
 
Goodness gracious, Christmas zoomed by full-speed ahead. It's crazy how long we spend preparing and anticipating the holidays - wrapping presents, gazing into store windows, baking cookies, watching Christmas movies.....then poof: they gone. To be read in Si Robertson's accent.
 
YES!
 
Before I get into Christmas details, in case you haven't noticed, I did indeed make a few changes to my blog appearance and pages. Check out this and this to see more! I thought it was time for some changes. :)
 
School is out for two weeks, and words cannot describe the utter amazingness I feel right now. Staying up til 2 a.m.? Pshyes! Sleeping in past 6:30? Count me in! Leisure time?! Oh you know it!
 
Midterms were the week before I got off, and man oh man did I study my butt off. I hate to say it, but before this year I was never much of a studier. Sure, I'd read over my notes a few times before a test, but I never constructively studied.
 
However, this semester I've really had to get my smarticle particles churning in order to actually pass my tests, including midterms. AP kicks butt.
 
 
 
 Finally putting up Christmas décor and steaming cups of Chai tea got me through late-night study sessions and into the holiday spirit.
 
 
 
 
Christmas Eve consisted of all-day movie watching and Chinese takeout, per tradition. It was wonderful, and the Chinese was gobbled up before I could snap a pic!
 
First time ever seeing this movie. I thought it was cute in a really weird/creepy way...
 
The whole family quite enjoyed doing absolutely nothing for two days.
 
Christmas morning began at 9 (!!) which is really late for us, especially on Christmas. Jonathan actually attempted to wake me up around 8, and I promptly shooed him away (probably due to the fact I had stayed up until 1:30 that morning).
 
Santa visited!
 
 
 
We opened our presents before eating breakfast (Belgian waffles, eggs, and fruit this year!) which is out of order from how we normally do things. It was supposed to be one for each of us, then eat, but hey - once ya start......
 
 
 It was a wonderful, wonderful, Christmas Day. So full of joy, happiness, thankfulness, and love. We are sososososososososo blessed. No wonder it's my favorite holiday!!!!
 
Among mis regalos (my presents):
 
 
 
 
 


 
 WOOT Santa knows me well. He actually probably sees me not sleeping because of all the coffee flowing through my veins. It's a part of my anatomy. I'm also pumped to get my yoga on!! (Thanks Reibs!)
 
Oh, and there is one little thing that I also received......
 
 
 
Yes, my friends. Your eyes do not deceive you. After months and months of poop caused by my computer, I have been gifted with a laptop. HallelujahpraisetheLordsweetbabyJesusAmen. I am forever grateful to Mom and Dad.
 
 
 Let's also not forget to thank our Father who sent His Son to the earth for us. Christmas would not exist without His overwhelmingly abundant love for us. I will definitely miss the holidays. :'(
 
I hope everyone had a safe and happy holidays!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment