Saturday, September 15, 2012

Words of Encouragement

Wow, it feels so good to finally pull up my "Compose" page again!

Has it really been over a week since I posted? Geez Louise!

I know I sound like a broken record saying this, but school has really been dominating my time. And the time that I get to myself I'd rather not spend blogging (sorry!), but doing other stuff that I enjoy.

Luckily there has been a lot going on these past couple of weeks!

First off, I've been in sort of a "slump." On the recovery side of my life, I've been doing significantly well, but this past week or two has just been a bit of a struggle. You get into this mode that, "Yeah! I feel great and will never ever use ED-like behaviors again!!" and inevitably follows with, "Whoops, looks like I had a little bit of a back-track." Luckily for me, I'm in a positive enough place to where I can pick myself right up and go on with life.

That being said, I've had a lack of seratonin, melatonin, and endorphins the past week or so. I was not excited about school on Monday, and I got an inspiring and motivating text from one of my dear, dear friends:

"Jess, I hope you have a good day! You are so inspiring to me and I want the best for you!"

That text was so refreshing to see on a Monday morning (yes, it's taken me almost a week to get this post finished)! Little acts of kindness go a long way. Hopefully this next week will get easier and happier for me. I have an amazing team, friends, and family, so that shouldn't be too terribly much of an issue. :)

So I have a lot of ground to cover about what's been going on, but I'll be as briefly detailed as possible. 

Last Saturday, the fam, my friend Savannah, and I went to an event called Celebrate Freedom. It's an all-day concert that has a lot of Christian bands that get together. We got there about 4 in the afternoon, so it was already halfway over, but we still saw a lot of good people!


 
My favorite Christian band, Sanctus Real, was supposed to be playing at exactly 4 (which is why we decided to arrive when we did). Uhm, no.


The story is that Hawk Nelson was playing in Oklahoma the day before, and was going to be arriving late. Therefore, without consulting me, Celebrate Freedom's organizers decided to switch Sanctus Real's and Hawk Nelson's playing time.

Likely story. Humph.

I love me some Hawk Nelson, but I was slightly very disturbed that I missed Sanctus Real. I got over it (coughcough...mostly), and Hawk Nelson ended up being great. I can't wait for their new album to come out!


By the time they were done, we were all melting in the Georgia heat.





Kudos to the bands for rocking out in the tropical rainforest climate!

After Hawk Nelson, one of my other favorite bands - Jars of Clay - played. They have a very different/indie sound, and it really appeals to me.

We were jam-packed under the pavilion, and there was a major greenhouse effect with all the bodies in there! The chairs were eventually moved out from under it, so we stood the whole time and leaned on a wooden gate that was there. Quite the convenience!







Got him in the middle of singing. ;)

There were multiple failed attempts at tricking depth-perception. 
 I think he knew what we were doing.

When the temperatures finally started cooling down, we explored around a bit. I was disappointed at the lack of band merchandise! However, it was still nice to wander around with Savannah and Rebeibs.



 


^^I do believe I have the most beautiful friends (and sis!) in the entire world.



After an hour or so, Jeremy Camp came on! (After Amy Grant's performance, in which we were walking around).




Jeremy's performance was incredible - so moving. I especially enjoyed his song "The Way."

The last performance of the night was.....Switchfoot!!





We were up super close! Like, right next to the speakers close. In the second pic, Jon Foreman was reeealllyy close to us.

I think the people screaming hurt my ears more than the concert itself. :)

I had a fantastic time, and I cannot wait to go again next year!

Suuuuunnndddaaaayyyyyyy.

Was probably one of the happiest days ever. EVER.



My best friend from when I was in residential came to my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Throughout my stay in residential, Kristen was one of the greatest, sweetest girls I met. She is such a blessing to me!



It was really wonderful getting to spend 24 hours with her. I'll take all I can get!

So that's the low-down on what has gone on these past couple of weeks.

I hate to go MIA yet again, but this week, we're heading to St. George Island!!!!! No computers there. Whoo hoo!

Have a wonderful Saturday, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment