Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Running update + Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goood morning my lovelies. After a full week of beautiful weather, it's a gross, rainy day - typical.

Sunday I promised a quick running/soreness/fatigue update! For those of you who don't know, I'm on week 5, zero running. I cannot believe it's been that long already, probably because I've been keeping active in other ways!

Last week, I test-ran my usual 3-mile loop, and although I felt much better, I still wasn't 100%. Maybe like 75% (considering I was -0.0004859348% a month ago, that's pretty awesome!!). My breathing was still a little heavy, my legs felt too heavy, my pace was sloooooowww, and mentally I was just not in it. I'm not ready to run 30+ minutes nonstop yet, but I will be eventually.

Instead, I've been taking reaaaallyy long walks, which are just as satisfying as a run if you ask me. I'd say 3-4 miles a day. I've also been adding in strength (mainly abs/arms so I don't overwork my legs), and yoga!!! I forgot how much I love yoga, and I've been feeling the burn in my shoulders for the past couple of days.

When the weather is too cold/rainy, which is pretty much all GA winter weather is, I do inside circuit workouts for cardio/strength boosts. I used to hate them for some odd reason, but now I'm obsessed!! I especially love Julie's! I just set up a little station in my basement or living room, turn up my Pandora station, and knock them out. :)

And the best part: I feel great!! My energy levels are soooo much higher, I'm so much more motivated to just move around in general, and I've been feeling super productive. I feel like mental rest contributed to this just as much as physical rest! Stress = no bueno.

I thought I add that I did email my N, and we have a plan for when running will be added back in. I also have permission to do all of these exercises for the time being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that that's out of the way: on to the good stuff! Thanksgiving is just around the corner, guys!!!!

I mean really, what gets a foodie more excited than the holidays?! Thinking about pumpkin, apple spice, gingerbread, peppermint, Chai spices.......ahhhh.

Obviously my sweet tooth is raging right now, and guess what I get to be in charge of for Thanksgiving.....? Desserts - what else? I'm really excited because I'm making two. One is healthy, vegan (yup, vegan), refined sugar-free, and the other a Thanksgiving classic. Both 100% delicious.

Dessert #1: Vegan Apple Spice Cake


Dessert #2: Classic Pumpkin Pie



I mean don't even try to tell me that that cake doesn't look good, and don't even try to invite me over for Thanksgiving if you're not serving pumpkin pie for dessert. It's just essential.

But as Robyn stated, the holidays are not purely about the food - it's just one part of it! And I think I'm most excited about the family time we're going to have. We're always so busy that it's rare when we actually spend time together.

Last "family picture" since July - and Dad's not even in it!!!!

My grandparents are coming up from Albany. I haven't seen Papa since my meet in Albany, and I haven't seen Grammy since our New York trip last June!
 


Also, my Uncle Scott, Aunt Marnie, and cousin Seth are coming over. Makenzie (other cousin) is in Texas with one of her friends for the week, so she won't be joining us. :(


 
 
I can't wait for the family time - I know we're going on a hike if the weather permits. Excitement!
 
 
Have a terrrrific Tuesday!
 






5 comments:

  1. Don't worry, you will be running 30+ minutes in no time! I still remember when I thought that running one mile was the worst thing in the world. After I stopped focusing on distance and time, I was able to run longer. I think that looking at a clock makes time go by slower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that watching the clock makes the time go by slower - I'm just so used to "X-minutes" or "X-miles" that sometimes I forget to enjoy the run itself. :) Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. My grandpa always makes me a pumpkin pie from scratch - with pumpkin from his garden! Its the best ever. Have a good Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious!!! I'd love to try a FRESH pumpkin pie! And you have a great Thanksgiving too. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying excercise that isn't running. It's good to change it up. Happy Thanksgiving!! (:

    ReplyDelete